St. Paul Evangelical
Lutheran Church
105 S. Sixth St.
Chatsworth, IL  60921
Phone: (815) 635-3146
PLEASE FEEL WELCOME TO JOIN OUR SERVICE @ 8:45
UPCOMING:

SUN. JUNE 25
WORSHIP/COMMUNION/SUN.
SCHOOL


SUN. JULY 2
WORSHIP/COMMUNION/SUN.
SCHOOL


SUN. JULY 9
WORSHIP/COMMUNION/SUN.
SCHOOL


SUN. JULY 16
WORSHIP/COMMUNION/SUN.
SCHOOL





CLICK

ANNOUNCEMENTS

Contemporary Service


V​ISION:    We are a non-geographical community of faith learning to be Lutheran Christians, growing in our ability to love one another, inviting and welcoming all who want to join with us in serving the larger community around us.
  • As the number of people desiring to meet and worship together grew, buildings were found to accommodate them. The Chatsworth church bought a wooden frame building from the local sugar beet factory in 1878 and was formally organized in 1879. This building was destroyed by a tornado in 1912. That same year the congregation adopted plans for a new house of worship, collected funds and let out a contract on December 18. The church was built in 1913 at the cost of $8,729, and dedicated in the fall of that year with a debt of only $253. this building was remodeled in 1956 and still serves as the sanctuary section of the present church.

Information from site maintained by 
Mary Runyon-Hanshew
 

Chatsworth Illinois Memories
  • The story of St. Paul's Lutheran church is really the story of three congregations, all named St. Paul's Lutheran, all joined by a common German heritage and language. One church located in Chatsworth, one in Germanville (five miles south) and one in Charlotte (four miles north) formed the nucleus that is the Chatsworth Evangelical Lutheran Church today. The first services of these churches were held in homes. Early records show that two children were baptized in the Lutheran faith at Chatsworth in 1871. In 1872, thirty children were baptized, nine young people confirmed and six funerals conducted. The first recorded baptisms for both the Germanville and Charlotte congregations were in May of 1887.